Kentucky REALTORS® is proud to be working with the REALTOR® Relief Fund at the National Association of REALTORS® to make $1.5 million in Disaster Relief Assistance available to residents of Kentucky that were affected by the storms/tornadoes in December 2021.
Please fill out the relief application form and return it (along with the requested documents) to Kentucky REALTORS® (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be considered for assistance. The recipient must be a full-time KY resident and U.S. citizen or legally admitted for residence in the United States.
Assistance is available to qualified applicants towards one of the following options:
1) Monthly mortgage expense for the primary residence that was damaged by the Disaster OR;
2) Rental cost due to displacement from the primary residence resulting from the Disaster OR;
3) Reimbursement of PAID hotel expenses due to displacement from the primary residence resulting from the Tornado Disaster.
Relief assistance is limited to three months of housing expenses or reimbursement up to a maximum of $3,000 per household. Further details are available on the application itself which can be downloaded at the link below. PLEASE, review the application for the required documentation and supply all of the required information at the time of submission. If you do not, it will SIGNIFICANTLY increase the time it takes to process your application and disburse funds.
Any inquires may be addressed to Kentucky REALTORS® at 859-263-7377 or by email at email@example.com.
Please note this assistance is for housing relief only; other expenses including second mortgages, vehicle purchase, rental, repair, and or mileage are ineligible for reimbursement under this program. Also,
Kentucky REALTORS® Disaster Relief Fund
At this time, we are asking any individuals or organizations who wish to contribute to Kentucky REALTORS® Disaster Relief to direct funds to the REALTOR® Community Housing Foundation created by the Lexington-Bluegrass Association of REALTORS®. This foundation will manage the funds while a foundation is developed within KYR to collect and manage the contributions. All checks should mention "Kentucky REALTORS® Disaster Relief" in the memo line, or you can verbally mention it if donating by phone.
RCHF at 859.276.2693.
RCHF by mail:
RCHF - 2250 Regency Road, Lexington, 40503 (Just note on the check it is for Tornado Relief)
How to Help Individual Communities
- Visit the Bowling Green Chamber's Tornado Recovery Resources page
- Visit the Murray Chamber's Western Kentucky Tornado Resources page
Important Resources for Those Impacted
- Find out what resources are available during the state of emergency, visit governor.ky.gov/tornadoresources
- Learn how the IRS has extended the 2021 tax-filing deadline and other deadlines to May 16
- Read the U.S. Chamber Foundation Small Business Recovery Guide
- Download the U.S. Chamber Foundation Local Chamber Recovery Guide